Happidojo Judo Club is committed to protecting your privacy and the interests of its club members. This Statement of Privacy applies to Happidojo Judo Club and governs data collection and usage of your personal information. By using the Happidojo website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
Collection of your Personal Information
How we use Club Members information
The categories of Club Members information that we collect, process, hold and share include:
- personal information (such as name, employee or teacher number, national insurance number)
- special categories of data including characteristics information such as gender, age, ethnic group, disability
- membership contract information (such as name, date of birth, Address, email addresses, mobile phone numbers and emergency contact details)
- competition data (This is collected and shared with the British judo Association, to advise and guide members on the next steps in qualification or grading)
- qualifications (and, where relevant, subjects taught)
Why we collect and use this information
We use member information data to:
- enable the development of a comprehensive picture of the member to assist with progression in the sport;
- inform members about development of the sport, Club; and
- enable members to progress onto higher level competitions; and
- Enable the British Judo Association to track and improve Judo for its members.
The lawful basis on which we process this information
We process this information under the membership contract you have entered into with Happidojo Judo or in relation to the steps taken to enter into that contract.
Where information of a non-sensitive nature is processed and is therefore in the Club’s legitimate interests i.e. membership of the club. Where sensitive data is processed by means of consent, with appropriate safeguards and is in the legitimate interests of the Club, or is in your vital interests.
Collecting this information
Whilst the majority of information you provide to us is mandatory, some of it is provided to us on a voluntary basis. In order to comply with data protection legislation, we will inform you whether you are required to provide certain membership information to us or if you have a choice in this.
Storing this information
We hold your data for the duration of your membership with the club. Where we have invoiced for items or collected payments, the Club will retain your information for 7 years.
Who we share this information with
We routinely share this information with:
- British Judo Association
- Sport England
- Other Club’s where competitions are held
The reason for sharing your data is to highlight and encourage competitors to advance in the sport. Or to apply for further funding to ensure the sports or clubs longevity.
Why we share membership information
We do not share information about members with anyone without consent unless the law and our policies allow us to do so.
It is a pre-requisite of the sport that all club members register with the British Judo Association, hence we will supply information to them, for this and insurance purposes.
Requesting access to your personal data
Under data protection legislation, you have the right to request access to information about you that we hold. To make a request for your personal information, contact Paula at email@example.com
You also have the right to:
- object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
- prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means
- in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
- claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection regulations
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, we ask that you raise your concern with us in the first instance. You have a right to access the information that Happidojo Judo Club holds about you. To obtain a copy you should write to Happidojo Judo Club, 30 Market Place, Swaffham, Norfolk PE37 7QH.
You may also opt out of receiving communications from us at any time at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit any feedback to Happidojo Judo Club via the contact form in this web site or by email. Feedback is used primarily for internal purposes to aid us in improving the site. Any feedback submitted becomes our property and we may use feedback, such as success stories, for marketing purposes, or to contact you for further feedback. We will seek your written or email approval before using your personal success story for promotional purposes.
We do not disclose your individual visits to our site, or personal information that you provide, such as your name, e-mail address, postcode, etc., to any outside parties, except when we believe the law requires it. We are not responsible for any information inputted outside our site.
Web Site IP Addresses and Log Files
Happidojo Judo Club might collect IP addresses of visitors to our website to help diagnose problems with our servers and for system administration. We shall only use these addresses for technical and tracking purposes unless otherwise required by the law. We capture industry standard information contained in the server log file, such as browser type, pages visited, entry and exit points and visit duration solely for the purposes of analysis. Information contained in log files is intended for internal use only and will not be disclosed unless required under UK law. The aggregate logged information is not linked to any personally identifiable information.
Thank you for visiting Happidojo Judo Club.